Intel officially ships dual-core processor, chipset for it
Today Intel officially announced that Alienware, Dell and Velocity Micro launched sales of new PCs and workstations on company´s dual-core processors.
The first dual-core platform includes Intel Pentium XE 840 3.2GHz CPU and Intel® 955X Express chipset.
Intel Pentium XE 840:
- 3.2GHz clock rate
- 800MHz FSB
- 2MB L2 cache (1MB per each core)
- Intel Extended Memory 64
- Execute Disable Bit
- 206mm² crystal size
- 230M transistors
- 90nm process
Intel 955X Express:
- 800/1066MHz FSB
- Up to 8GB of dual-channel DDR2-667/533 memory with ECC
- Intel Memory Pipeline
- PCI-Express x16
- 6 x PCI-Express x1
- 8 x USB 2.0
- Intel High Definition Audio 7.1
- 4 x Serial ATA II
- Intel Matrix Storage
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Matrix RAID
- Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI)
In 1,000-unit quantities Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 costs $999, while Intel 955X Express is priced $50.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!