Dell Unveils XPS One Desktop
Dell today unveiled the Dell XPS One desktop that initially will be offered in Japan and the U.S. Customers in Japan will also be able to pre-order the XPS One in select Bic Camera stores, with systems expected to arrive in early December.
The XPS One features a 20-inch, widescreen, edge-to-edge tempered glass display on an aluminum stand and smoked-glass base. Side-mount speakers frame the high-definition display. The system also includes a webcam with dual-array microphone.
One of the more innovative and delightful features of the XPS One is the use of motion-sensing technology in the multimedia keys. When the user’s hand approaches the display, the media keys, and slot-load drive come alive with a soft blue glow.
The system comes with a single cord for power, while any other connections are handled wirelessly right out of the box, including the wireless mouse and keyboard. All systems include built-in Wi-Fi for network connectivity and internal Bluetooth 2.0 connecting peripherals like headphones and printers.
U.S. systems include a built-in TV tuner and can be configured with an optional Blu ray disc drive.
A media-card reader (8-in-1) and multiple ports are discretely positioned on the sides of the display for easy access. Additional ports are located on the back and take advantage of the specially designed cable management routing guide.
U.S. customers will also get Adobe Elements Studio software preinstalled, including Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4 software as well as Adobe Soundbooth CS3.
Prices for typical configurations start from $1499.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processors
- Intel G33 Express chipset
- Windows Vista OS
- 2GB of Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (667MHz, 2 DIMMs)
- Up to 500GB SATA-II HDD
- DVD±RW or Blu-ray Disc Drive
- Integrated Intel UMA7 graphics or ATI Mobility Radeon HD X2400
- Hybrid NTSC/ISDB-T (seg 13) + BCAS (Japan) TV Tuner
- 20" WSXGA (1680x1050) display; contrast ratio up to 1000:1 typical, 5ms response
- HD Audio and 2x5W Speakers
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000Base-T), 802.11 a/b/g/n Draft 2.0 Wi-Fi
- XPS One RF mouse, XPS One Full size RF QWERTY keyboard
- 6 x mini-USB 2.0 ports, IEEE1394a, S/PDIF, 2.1 audio out/in, S-video and analog RCA jacks, RJ-45, mini-IEEE1394a
- 8-in-1 Media Reader (SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card and some variations)
- 23.2" x 16.5" x 8.7" (590mm x 420mm x 220mm) dimensions
- 22 lbs (10kg) weight
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!