Fujitsu Siemens Computers Announces Napa-Equipped LIFEBOOK E8110
Fujitsu and Fujitsu Siemens Computers unveiled the new LIFEBOOK E8110 featuring Intel Napa technology at CES 2006 in Las Vegas. With a 15" monitor packed into just 2.4 kilos, the new LIFEBOOK E8110 is claimed to be the lightest, full-function notebook in its class. It also provides enhanced security features such as a separate SmartCard slot and optional fingerprint sensor. It will be available from February 2006 at prices starting ˆ2099 (e.g. in Germany, incl. VAT).
Fujitsu Siemens Computers delivers enhanced performance thanks to Intel's Napa technology boasting the Intel Core Duo processor, the first dual-core processor for notebooks.
Security functions have also been improved in the LIFEBOOK E8110. The separate SmartCard slot saves an additional adapter and optional biometric fingerprint sensor prevent unauthorized access to data. The optional Trusted Platform Module acts as a hardware store for passwords and encrypted keys.
Also, for its new device generation, Fujitsu Siemens Computers uses the latest 5200 mAh battery. The new LIFEBOOK E8110 will run off its batteries for up to 12 hours (depending on model and applications), the press release states.
Fujitsu Siemens Computers has additionally developed its original "EcoButton". This integrated software solution improves power management and can simply be switched on during use. With just a single button the battery life can be optimized to the maximum. The EcoButton will be integrated in all future-generation LIFEBOOK Series.
Fujitsu Siemens Computers has also opted for a new, more ergonomic design for its LIFEBOOK E8110. The bright palm rest now has a second set of mouse buttons above the touchpad. This enables the left and right mouse buttons to be conveniently operated with the touchstick as well.
- Latest Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology:
- Intel Core Duo processor: the first dual-core mobile processor
- Intel 945GM chipset with integrated graphics chipset
- Wireless LAN: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 a/b/g
- Memory: DDR2-667 SDRAM max. 4GB
- Separate SmartCard slot, optional fingerprint sensor and TPM module
- Screen: 15-inch XGA or 15-inch SXGA+
- Weight: 2.4 kilograms (without drives)
- All common ports like parallel and serial, plus all new port types such as ExpressCard slot and SD card slot
- ECO button
- Second set of mouse buttons above touchpad
Source: Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Write a comment below. No registration needed!