VIA Begins Sampling of VIA K8T900 Chipset
VIA Technologies today announced that its latest chipset for the AMD platform, the VIA K8T900, is sampling to motherboard partners.
The chipset supports the proprietary RapidFire technology that is said to incorporate a number of PCI Express enhancements. The Flex Express architecture adds support for dual x8 PCI Express connections or alternatively a standard single x16 PCI Express graphics connection. In combination with the VIA VT8251 South Bridge the K8T900 platform offers additional six x1 PCI Express connections and up to four SATA 3.0Gb/s ports, and VIA Vinyl High Definition audio.
VIA K8T900 is also designed to be pin-compatible with existing VIA K8T890 chipset platforms.
- Supports AMD Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 FX / Opteron / Sempron processors (939, 940 & 754-pin)
- VIA Flex Express Architecture
- PCI Express Dual x 8 Graphics / PCI Express x16 Graphics
- 4 x PCI Express x1 (3 when using dual PCI-E x8 ports)
- VIA Hyper8 Technology with 1GHz/16-bit (per direction) HyperTransport processor-to-chipset link
- Asynchronous bus architecture
- Ultra V-Link 1066 MB/sec North/South Bridge interconnect
- Integrated VIA Vinyl HD Audio and support for Vinyl Gold Multichannel HD Audio Suite
- Serial ATA support for up to 4 devices
- Integrated V-RAID with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, RAID 5 and JBOD (SATA) support
- Support for up to 4 SATA 3.0Gb/s devices
- Parallel ATA133/100/66 support for up to 4 devices
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports, UHCI compliant
- Support for VIA Gigabit Ethernet companion controller & Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet MAC
- Integrated MC'97 Modem
- Advanced power management capabilities including ACPI/OnNow
- 933-pin BGA North Bridge
- 645-pin BGA VT8251 South Bridge
VIA K8T900 is expected to be available in volume quantities in Q1 2006.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!