Tyan Introduces Dual-Core 1P Server Platform
Tyan introduced the Tomcat i7230A (S5160) 1P server board with dual-core support, dedicated virtualization hardware support, and high-performance throughput.
The Tomcat i7230A uses the Intel E7230 "Mukilteo" chipset with an optimized 1U layout design on all components to allow for improved airflow over all parts of the motherboard. In addition, Tyan has integrated the following server-class features into the Tomcat i7230A:
- Support for Intel Pentium® 4 LGA775 processors with Hyper-Threading and Pentium D (dual-core support)
- Supports up to 8GB of DDR2-533/667 unbuffered memory with ECC
- Two Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports – 10/100/1000Mbps throughput
- 2 x PCI Express and 4 x PCI 32-bit slots
- Serial ATA-2 with RAID levels supported (0, 1)
- Built-in 16MB XGI Volari Z7 video controller with external video port
- Remote management features including IPMI 2.0, all in an ATX form factor
The Tomcat i7230A (S5160) is currently sampling to OEMs, and will reach mass production levels towards the end of Q3´05.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!