Linksys develops new MIMO WLAN products
Linksys developed a series of 802.11g products with antennas made using MIMO (multiple-input, multiple-output) technology, which implies a number of receivers and transmitters and a signal processing technology, altogether called to increase the bandwidth of wireless solutions.
MIMO is the key technology defined by IEEE 802.11n specifications. Currently many WLAN solution vendors are working on IEEE 802.11n, but Linksys is implementing MIMO already into 802.11g. In particular, it´s featured in Wireless-G (WRT54GX) router and Wireless-G PC Card (WPC54GX) adapter, both based on Airgo Networks AGN100.
According to Linksys, MIMO solutions have been certified by the Alliance and are backward compatible with 802.11b/g products. Wireless-G Router is already available for sale for about $200, while the card adapter sells for $130.
WRT54GX features are:
- Supports IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
- 11 channels for USA and Canada, 13 channels for Europe
- 10/100 RJ-45 WAN, 4 x 10/100 RJ-45 LAN ports
- Power, DMZ, Wireless, Ethernet (1, 2, 3, 4), WAN LEDs
- SPI firewall
- TKIP, AES, 802.1x, WEP encryption, MAC filtering
- 162x162x40 mm size
- 0.45 kg weight
Write a comment below. No registration needed!