ATI MOBILITY FIREGL T2: new mobile workstation graphics
Today ATI Technologies officially announced its new graphics for mobile workstations — MOBILITY FireGL T2.
The new ATI MOBILITY FireGL T2 GPU bases on FGL 9600 core and has the following features:
- Certified for CAD and DCC applications
- 128 MB DDR memory with 128-bit memory interface
- Hardware accelerated rendering
- Workstation features and functionality including dual monitor support, hardware accelerated antialiasing, overlay planes, etc.
- Fully programmable pixel and vertex shader support via ATI´s SMARTSHADER™ technology. Enables advanced per-pixel effects such as reflective bump mapping, anisotropic lighting and Phong shading
- ATI´s POWERPLAY™ technology
- POWER-ON-DEMAND — constantly monitors system activity, dynamically adjusts clocks and voltage based on user scenario
- Up to 6 textures per single rendering pass and 8 samples per pixel
- 16 programmable sample modes, selectable on a per pixel basis
- Workstation features and functionality including dual monitor support, hardware accelerated antialiasing, overlay planes and more
- Integrated dual-channel LVDS, with support for QXGA resolutions (2048x1536) with an integrated 165 MHz TMDS transmitter
Hewlett-Packard already scheduled shipments of its nw8000 mobile workstation on ATI MOBILITY FireGL T2 to early December. It features 1.60GHz Pentium M, 512MB DDR333, 40GB HDD, 15" SXGA+ WVA display, ATI MOBILITY FireGL T2, Microsoft Windows XP Pro. nw8000 mobile workstation will cost $2999.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!