Sony publishes specs of new PSP pocket gaming console
At PlayStation Meeting that took place yesterday in Tokyo Sony introduced specs of PSP, a new pocket gaming console soon to be released. Aside from video and audio playback features, known since E3, all specs were demonstrated for the first time.
Sony PSP specs:
- Media: UMD (Universal Media Disc) – 60mm diameter, 660nm laser wavelength, 1.8Gb dual-sided capacity, 11 Mbps throughput, ROM (AES) protection, unique Disc ID.
- PSP CPU: 32-bit MIPS R4000 core, 128-bit bus, 1-333MHz clock speed at 1.2V, 8Mb eDRAM, I-Cache / D-Cache, FPU, 2.6GFlops VFPU (Vector Unit), extended 3D-CG instruction set
- PSP Media Engine: 32-bit MIPS R4000 core, 128-bit bus, 1-333MHz clock speed at 1.2V, 2Mb eDRAM, I-Cache / D-Cache, 90nm process, CMOS
- PSP Graphics Core: 3D Curved Surface + 3D Polygon, compressed textures, hardware clipping, morphing, hardware tesselation, Bezier, B-Spline (NURBS); 4õ4 / 16õ16 / 64õ64; Rendering Engine + Surface Engine, 256-bit bus, 1-166MHz at 1.2V, 2Mb VRAM (eDRAM), 5.3Gb/s, 664Mpixel/s, up to 33 million polygon/s; 24-bit Full Color RGBA
- PSP Sound Core: programmable DSP, 128-bit bus, 166MHz at 1.2V, 5 billion ops, 3D Sound, multiple channels, synthesizer, effects
- AVC decoder: AVC (H.264)
- Connectivity: Wireless LAN 802.11, IrDA
- Memory Stick slot
- USB2.0 ports
The final console design hasn´t been published yet, but in general controls will resemble PlayStation 2. PSP will debut about Q4 2004. It´s still early for pricing, but they say it would be about $160-250. For the first time PSP is expected at the next E3.
Meanwhile the first photos (or fakes) have already been launched into the web:
AMD Radeon HD 7790 Physical Specifications, Release Date Confirmed
NVIDIA'a CEO Unveils Next Gens of Tegra SoCs and GPUs
Lenovo Dated New ThinkPad T431s
Sony Unveils New Xperia SP and Xperia L
Samsung Introduces Galaxy S 4
Write a comment below. No registration needed!
AMD FX-8350 Processor
The first worthwhile Piledriver CPU.
i3DSpeed, March 2013
Added the test results of AMD Radeon HD 7850 1024MB, AMD Radeon HD 7790 (standard and overclocked), ASUS Ares II (Radeon 7970 GHz CrossFire), ASUS Ares II CrossFire, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost, GeForce GTX Titan. Replaced the 3DMark11 and Formula 1 (