ATI RADEON HD 5670 Graphics Card
A low-end solution with DirectX 11 support.
February 2, 2010
- Intel Core I7 CPU 920 (2667 MHz) CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with the Intel X58 chipset
- 3GB of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM from Corsair
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, DirectX 11
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 9.12; NVIDIA ForceWare 195.81 drivers
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- CRYSIS 1.2 (Crytek/EA) -- Rescue, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA) -- Cargo, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters) -- DirectX 10.0/11.0, Ultra High settings, run the benchmark as follows: "dirt2.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml".
- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Tropics Benchmark (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark (Unigine) -- DirectX 11.0, High settings.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.01 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, Extreme settings.
- RightMark3D (iXBT.com) -- DirectX, a synthetic benchmark, Shaders 2.0/2.0b/3.0.
We'd like to thank Unigine for helping us set up their benchmarks.
Far Cry 2
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II
Unigine Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 10.0
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 11.0
3DMark Vantage Graphics Marks
According to the test results, the new card considerably outperforms GeForce GT 240, its direct rival, as well as RADEON HD 4670, almost in all tests. In other words, the MSRP of $99 is more than adequate. If the actual price is also like that, or lower, it's the best choice in this class today.
GT 240 doesn't support DX11, only DX10.1, though it has full support for CUDA and PhysX, as well as stereo photos. In its turn, HD 5670 supports EyeFinity, but it won't be of much use considering its low performance. Also note that all new cards support HD content.
ATI RADEON HD 5670 512MB is a standard reference product with a quiet cooler.
HIS IceQ RADEON HD 5670 512MB has a better cooler (also quiet), but the clock rates are nominal though.
Check the prices of these graphics cards at Newegg, Amazon.
We express gratitude to AMD, HIS for the provided graphics cards. The PSU has been provided by TAGAN, the monitor has been provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!