HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada
HP today announced that the Wi-Fi version of HP TouchPad will be available in the United States on July 1. HP's first webOS tablet will be available in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany a few days later and in Canada in mid-July, with availability scheduled to follow later this year in Italy and Spain, as well as in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore.
HP TouchPad will be available from U.S. retailers, commercial resellers and directly from HP with the option of either 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage for $499.99 and $599.99, respectively. Preorders in North America and Europe will begin June 19.
With webOS, HP TouchPad users have multitasking, access to the web, audio playback with stereo speakers and Beats Audio technology, the ability to find information on the device or in the cloud using the Just Type feature, integrated access to their information with HP Synergy, and HP's exclusive Touch to Share capability for sharing web addresses between HP TouchPad and compatible webOS phones.
Optional accessories for HP TouchPad include the HP Touchstone Charging Dock, the HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard and the HP TouchPad Case (sold separately).
HP also announced it will be partnering with AT&T to introduce a connected version of HP TouchPad later this summer. More information will be available closer to availability.
HP TouchPad specifications:
- Color: Black
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-CPU APQ8060 1.2GHz
- Memory: Choose either 16GB or 32GB internal storage
- Display: 9.7-inch XGA capacitive, multitouch screen with 18-bit color and the resolution of 1024x768
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n with WPA, WPA2, WEP, 802.1X authentication;
- GPS: A-GPS (3G models only)
- Operating System: HP webOS
- Keyboard: Virtual Keyboard
- Email: Microsoft Exchange email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology POP3/IMAP (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc.)
- Messaging: Integrated IM and SMS
- Digital camera: Front-facing 1.3-megapixel webcam for live video calling
- Sensors: Light sensor, accelerometer, compass (magnetometer), and gyroscope
- Media formats supported: DRM-free MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
- Bluetooth wireless technology 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
- Battery: Rechargeable 6300 mAh (typical battery)
- Connector: Charger/microUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Headphone jack: 3.5mm stereo headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Speakers: Internal stereo speakers and Beats Audio
- HP Touchstone for TouchPad: Compatible
- Dimensions: 190 x 240 mm ((7.48 x 9.45 inches)
- Thickness: 13.7 mm (0.54 inches)
- Weight: Approximately 740 grams (1.6 pounds)
Write a comment below. No registration needed!