Gigabyte Launches Eleven Z68 Motherboards, To Launch Nine More
Gigabyte yesterday launched as many as eleven motherboards based on the Intel Z68 Express Chipset and supporting the new 2nd generation Intel Core processors. Apart from innovations like Intel Smart Response Technology and Virtu, boards also feature mSATA drive connectors. The nine more models, including at least 4 mSATA versions, will be introduced in June.
Here's a list of available models with links to their respective product pages.
- Discrete graphics: Z68X-UD7-B3, Z68X-UD5-B3, Z68X-UD4-B3, Z68X-UD3P-B3, Z68X-UD3R-B3, Z68X-UD3-B3, Z68A-D3-B3
- Integrated graphics: Z68X-UD3H-B3, Z68A-D3H-B3, Z68MX-UD2H-B3, Z68MA-D2H-B3
- Integrated graphics with onboard mSATA (coming soon): Z68XP-UD3, Z68XP-D3, Z68AP-D3, Z68P-DS3
And here's a couple of photos and some specs of the highest-end discrete offering, Z68X-UD5-B3. (You didn't think I would provide photos for all eleven motherboards, did you?)
- Support for Intel Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1155 package
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of DDR3-2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz, non-ECC, Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP)
- Realtek ALC889 codec, support for Dolby Home Theater, support for S/PDIF Out
- 2 x Realtek RTL8111E chips (10/100/1000 Mbit), Teaming, Smart Dual LAN
- 2 x PCI Express x16 2.0 slots running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2), 2 x PCI Express x16 2.0 slots running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2), 1 x PCI Express x1 2.0 slot, 2 x PCI slots
(The PCIEX8_1 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16_1 slot and the PCIEX8_2 slot with PCIEX16_2. The PCIEX16_1/PCIEX16_2 slots will operate at up to x8 mode when the PCIEX8_1/PCIEX8_2 is populated.)
- Support for 2-Way/3-Way ATI CrossFireX / NVIDIA SLI technology
- SATA ports (chipset): 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3_0, SATA3_1), 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_2~SATA2_5)
- SATA ports (2 x Marvell 88SE9128 chips): 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (GSATA3_6, GSATA3_7), 2 x eSATA 6Gb/s connectors (eSATA/USB Combo) on the back panel
- USB ports (chipset): up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, including 2 eSATA/USB Combo, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
- USB ports (2 x Renesas D720200 chips and 2 x VLI VL810 hubs): up to 10 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (6 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
- Up to 3 IEEE 1394a ports (2 on the back panel, 1 via the IEEE 1394a bracket connected to the internal IEEE 1394a header)
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5 x 24.4 cm
Write a comment below. No registration needed!