LaCie Announces LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Mobile Hard Drive
Today LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives -- the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, combining the speed of USB 3.0 and LaCie's rugged design.
- Item Number: 301930
- Capacity: 500GB
- Interface: USB 3.0 port (USB 2.0-compatible)
- Interface Transfer Rate: up to 5GBits/s
- Speeds up to 110 MB/s
- Maximum Drop Height: 2.2 m / 86.6 in. in non-operating mode (dropping is not recommended in operating mode)
- Software: LaCie Backup Assistant; LaCie Setup Assistant
- Size: 90 x 28 x 145 mm / 3.5 x 1 x 5.7 in.
- Weight: 241 g / 8.5 oz.
- 10GB Wuala online storage included for one year
- System Requirements: Computer with a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port, High-speed internet for online storage, Latest version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6 (in USB 2.0 only), Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
- Box Content: LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Hard Disk, USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible), USB power-sharing cable, Quick Install Guide, User Manual, LaCie Backup Assistant (Windows and Mac), LaCie Setup Assistant
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s -- three times the speed of USB 2.0. The speed enhancement allows you to transfer one HD movie in less than 3 minutes (versus more than 8 minutes in USB 2.0). It offers improved power efficiency, so you only need one cable.
If you do not have a USB 3.0 connection on your PC or notebook, you can easily add it with a LaCie USB 3.0 PCIe card or USB 3.0 PCIe Express card. LaCie also offers bundled options with the Rugged USB 3.0 – you choose the card.
Housed in rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 will be available in 500GB capacity starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99 (VAT included).
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!