AMD Launches New Complete Platforms for Embedded Systems
At Embedded Systems Conference today, AMD announced two new complete platforms for the embedded market, the compact ASB2 platform and the high-performance AM3 platform, that offer myriad combinations of power and performance with up to 74 percent improvement in performance-per-watt over previous generations.
AMD's new flexible embedded platforms consist of chipset and graphics solutions along with high-performance CPUs as low as 8W TDP for the ideal solution based on application requirements. System designers focusing on their next-generation products can see immediate benefits commonly associated with industry-standard x86 processors, including streamlined design and development, a large software ecosystem, and fast time-to-market.
New platform features:
- Faster memory with support for 2-channel DDR3;
- Improved I/O for high-throughput and real-time applications with available HyperTransport 3.0 technology;
- ECC for high-reliability applications like SMB/SOHO storage systems;
- Multiple CPU options that a offer wide choice of performance and power:
- Power envelopes in 8, 12, 15, 25, 45, and 65 watts TDP;
- Single-, dual- and quad-core;
- Up to 2.8 GHz;
- AMD 785E chipset with support for PCI Express 2.0;
- New ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics with DirectX 10.1, full 1080p display resolution support, HDMI, and power-savings capability with options to support multiple displays;
- Socket AM3 package, compatible with socket AM2 when using DDR2 memory for increased design flexibility and scalability;
- Lidless BGA package offers low-cost to manufacture, high reliability, and low z-height for small form factors and fan-less designs.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!