HP Brings Multi-touch Innovation to Consumer Notebooks
HP today announced its first convertible notebook PC -- TouchSmart tx2 (HP Pavilion tx2z) -- with multi-touch technology designed specifically for consumers.
HP's multi-touch display delivers quick and easy access to information, entertainment and other social media. The tx2 recognizes simultaneous input from more than one finger using "capacitive multi-touch technology," which enables the use of gestures such as pinch, rotate, arc, flick, press and drag, and single and double tap.
The convertible design with a twist hinge allows consumers to operate the TouchSmart in three modes: PC, display and tablet. With a rechargeable digital ink pen, users can turn the tx2 into a tablet PC to write, sketch, draw, take notes or graph right onto the screen – and then automatically convert handwriting into typed text.
Starting at less than 4.5 pounds, the tx2 possesses a 12.1-inch diagonal BrightView LED display and an HP Imprint "Reaction" design.
Powered by the AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor or AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor and built on Windows Vista Home Premium, the tx2 will be made available worldwide in an array of configure-to-order options.
The HP TouchSmart tx2 is available for ordering today in the United States with a starting U.S. price of $1,149.
- CPU: 2.1GHz to 2.4GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core, up to 1600MHz FSB
- Display: 12.1-inch WXGA (1280x800) HP LED BrightView wide touchscreen
- RAM: 3GB to 8GB DDR2 (2 slots)
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with 64MB Display Cache
- HDD: 250GB/320GB/400GB 5400RPM SATA
- WLAN: Wireless-G/N card with or without Bluetooth
- Optical drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD±RW DL with or without LightScribe
- Speakers: integrated Altec Lansing stereo speakers
- Battery: 6/8-cell Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions: 4 cell: 8.82"(W) x 12.05"(D) x 1.23" (min H) / 1.52" (max H)
- Weight: ~4.65lbs
- Interfaces: ExpressCard/34 slot, 3 x USB 2.0, expansion port 3, Integrated Consumer IRs (remote control receiver), 5-in-1 card reader, microphone-in, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (LAN), VGA
Write a comment below. No registration needed!