HTC Announces HTC Touch
HTC announced the global launch of the HTC Touch, a deceptively small and stylish mobile phone that features intuitive touchscreen navigation. The new HTC-designed homescreen provides one-touch access to emails, text messages, calendar appointments and contacts, as well as current weather conditions and forecasts for hundreds of cities around the world.
The HTC Touch is the first device to feature TouchFLO, the new underlying touchscreen technology developed by HTC. Consumers simply sweep their finger up the display to launch an animated, three-dimensional interface comprising three screens: Contacts, Media and Applications. The interface can be spun by swiping a finger right or left across the display, providing efficient access to the features consumers use most. TouchFLO also enhances finger touch scrolling and browsing of Web pages, documents, messages and contact lists.
Utilizing Windows Mobile 6 Professional, the HTC Touch includes Outlook Mobile, Office Mobile, Windows Live and the capabilities to run third-party applications. Users can surf the web with Internet Explorer, send and receive emails, chat on Messenger and send files to their own web space through Windows Live. Other HTC Touch details include:
- Dimensions: 99.9mm (L) x 58mm (W) x 13.9mm (T)
- Weight: 112g with battery
- 1GB microSD storage card included / 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM
- 2.8" LCD touch screen with backlight, 240 x 320 dots resolution with 65,536 colours
- Battery Life: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 1100 mAh
- Standby time: Up to 200 / Talk time: Up to 5 hours
- Camera: 2.0 mega-pixel CMOS colour camera
- Windows Mobile 6 Professional with Direct Push Email and HTML email support
- Wireless Connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE Tri-band: 900, 1800,1900, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth® 2.0
- Choice of two colors at launch - elegant soft black or alluring wasabi green
The HTC Touch is now available in the United Kingdom and will be released later this month in Asia and throughout Europe. The North and Latin American version of the HTC Touch will be available in the second half of 2007.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!