VIA Announces Pico-ITX Mainboard
VIA Technologies announced the VIA EPIA PX mainboard, the first commercial mainboard based on VIA's recently unveiled Pico-ITX form factor measuring just 10cm x 7.2cm.
Powered by the 1GHz VIA C7 processor and supporting up to 1GB of DDR2 533 SO-DIMM system memory, the tiny 10-layer VIA EPIA PX mainboard is based around the single-chip VIA VX700 system media processor, which features the VIA UniChrome Pro II IGP 3D/2D graphics core, MPEG-2/-4 and WMV9 hardware decoding acceleration and display flexibility, including support for higher display resolutions of up to HDTV for HD DVD playback.
Onboard connectors and I/O enable developers to harness the full power of the mainboard, though the VIA PX-O, a dedicated daughterboard with multiple digital media I/O ports, is available on request to assist project developers in early system testing.
Power efficiency is integral to the platform, with the maximum power (TDP) of the processor and chipset at 9W and 3.5W respectively combined with low power DDR2 memory enabling the VIA EPIA PX to run standard productivity and multimedia applications at under 13W.
This scale of platform miniaturization has been made possible only by the reduction in size of the core silicon; the 21mm square nanoBGA2 package of the VIA C7 processor and 35mm square VIA VX700 system media processor have a combined area of just 16.7cm2, a board real estate saving of over 50% from previous generation EBGA processors plus twin-chip core logic solutions, and more than that over competing solutions.
- Processor: 1GHz VIA C7 processor
- Chipset: VIA VX700 system media processor
- Memory: 1 socket, up to 1GB of DDR2 533 SODIMM system memory
- Graphics: Integrated VIA UniChrome Pro IGP 3D/2D graphics core, with hardware decoding acceleration for MPEG-2/-4 and WMV9; 1 VGA port
- Audio: VIA VT1708A HD Audio codec
- Storage: 1 SATA connector and 1 UltraDMA 133 connector
- Networking: VIA VT6106S Fast Ethernet controller + 1 RJ-45 LAN port
- Onboard options include: 4 USB connectors for 4 ports, 1 COM port connector, 1 PS2 mouse/keyboard connector, 1 LVDS/DVI connector, 1 multimedia connector to support external TV-out, video capture port interface & LPC interface (add-on card required), 1 audio connector for line-out, line-in, mic-in, S/PDIF in & 7.1 channel audio output, 1 CPU fan connector and 1 Pico-ITX power connector
- Complete specs
The VIA EPIA PX mainboard is available now for developers, and will be available in limited quantities through authorized distributors in late May.
Source: VIA Technologies
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!