HTC And Cingular Launch First Tri-Band 3G PDA Phone In The US
High Tech Computer (HTC) has unveiled what it calls its most versatile PDA phone to date: the Cingular 8525. The handset is the first PDA phone to be released in North America with high speed downlink packet access (HSDPA), which allows users to use voice and data functions simultaneously.
The Cingular 8525 is the first HSDPA PDA phone with tri-band 3G usability and can roam in the US, Europe, and Asia (including Japan), according to HTC.
The Cingular 8525 is the first tri-band HSDPA 3G Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0- based PDA phone, which, with its compact size and connectivity, is truly the complete mobile office solution, HTC said. Users can utilize the device's wireless broadband access, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, to access corporate or personal e-mail.
While the Cingular 8525 is great for business, it also features the latest in Windows Mobile software and technology to let users shoot videos and still pictures, allowing people to send memories when they happen and stay connected to those who count, as well as listen to music, talk with friends via all major Instant Message platforms, or watch streamed mobile videos.
The Cingular 8525 PDA phone will be available in the U.S. from Cingular Wireless beginning November 16 for as low as US$399.99 with a two-year contract and qualifying voice and data plans.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Wireless broadband Internet with worldwide 3G capability
- Full connectivity with tri-band UMTS/HSDPA; quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- 400 MHz processor
- Full sliding QWERTY keyboard with improved backlight for easy typing
- Synchronized music and pictures for easy playback and management
- Push to talk capable in 2007
- High-resolution color touchscreen
- 2.0-megapixel camera with video support
- Bluetooth 2.0 technology and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- 128 MB ROM, 64MB RAM
- Trackwheel for easy navigation
- 1350mAh battery
- Support for Microsoft Office Mobile
- Easy access to e-mail services such as Microsoft Direct Push, Good Mobile Messaging, and Cingular Xpress Mail
Source: The DigiTimes
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!