VIA And Everex Launch Energy Efficient Notebook
VIA Technologies, Inc. and Everex Systems, Inc. today unveiled the StepNote NC1500 notebook: the first Everex notebook to make use of the advanced VIA C7-M processor.
Employing a 15.4" widescreen display with DiamondBrite Technology, built-in wireless LAN and DVD burner, the US$498 computer utilizes the VIA C7-M processor to provide ultra-low power consumption, advanced security features and 1.5GHz performance at a mere 12W peak power.
According to the two organizations, utilization of VIA Enhanced PowerSaver technology and VIA TwinTurbo allow the laptop to dynamically shift between intermediate power states, providing users with 20% longer battery life then comparable systems.
"The latest notebook from Everex embodies the 'Simply Mobile' spirit of the VIA C7-M processor in enabling truly portable computing," commented Epan Wu, Deputy Director of CPU Product Marketing, VIA Technologies, Inc. "With the best performance-per-watt operation in the industry and innovative features such as Enhanced PowerSaver technology and the PadLock Security Engine, we're confident that the NC1500 will be a front runner in a market yearning for robust mobile solutions."
StepNote NC1500 key features:
- Processor: 1.5GHz VIA C7-M processor
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
- Graphics: VIA UniChrome Pro with Chromotion CE Video Display Engine
- Memory: 512MB DDR2 SDRAM (2 Slots)
- Hard Disk Drive: 60GB, 4200 PATA
- Optical Drive: DVD±RW with Dual Layer Support
- Display: 15.4" TFT, 1280 x 800 (WXGA) with DiamondBrite Technology
- LAN: 10/100 Ethernet
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g
- I/O: DB 15-Pin VGA, 3 x USB 2.0 ports, RJ45, RJ-11, Headphone/Line Out, Microphone/ Line In
- Battery: Lithium Ion
- Dimensions: 14.1" x 10.7" x 0.9" – 1.5" (W x D x H)
- Weight: 5.3lbs
- UPC: 853031001405
- MSRP: $498.00
Source: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!