Hitachi Introduces New 2.5" CinemaStar Hard Drive
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies today introduced the newest member of its CinemaStar product line. With an upper capacity of 160 gigabytes, the new 2.5-inch hard disk drive is tailor made for the next iteration of slim digital video recorders (DVR) by incorporating features that optimize the storing, retrieving, streaming and editing of digital video. The new product, called CinemaStar C5K160, is based on the Travelstar 5K160 notebook hard drive, Hitachi's debut perpendicular recording product.
The CinemaStar C5K160, which is expected to be available in the first half of 2007, is designed for DVRs, portable video players, DVR-enabled televisions, PVRs and high-end audio devices among others.
- Perpendicular recording technology
- SmoothStream technology that allows hard drives to be optimized for audio/video applications
- Silent-seek acoustics for bedroom-quiet operation
- SMART Command Transport and adaptive error recovery for optimized video streaming and picture quality
- Advanced power management features enable the drive to run cooler and use less power
- Spin up time of approximately 2.3 seconds allows the C5K160 to be read quickly;
- Standard interface connection support is SATA.
- 160/80/40 GB
- 9.5 mm in height
- 102/95/95 grams in weight
- 5400 RPM
- 131.5 billion bits per square inch maximum areal density
- 4/2/1 recording heads
- 2/1/1 platter(s)
- 325 G (2ms) operating shock
- 1000 G (1ms) non-operating shock
- 540 Mb/s max. media transfer rate
- 13 ms seek time
- 5.5 ms average latency
- SATA 1.5 Gb/s
- 8 MB data buffer
- 0.80 w active idle
- 0.60 w low power idle
- 2.5/2.2/2.2 Bels typical idle acoustics
- 5 to 55 degrees C ambient operating temperature
- Fluid Dynamic Bearing spindle motor
Source: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Write a comment below. No registration needed!