WD Offers 500GB Of Networked Storage For Home And Office
Western Digital announced that its WD NetCenter network storage system is now available in a half-terabyte capacity and with backup and system recovery software, providing multiple users in homes or small offices a convenient way to store, share and back up their data.
WD streamlined the steps required to install WD NetCenter on either a PC or Mac. Each member of a home or office network uses EasyLink, an exclusive WD setup wizard, to cut installation time to less than five minutes. EasyLink establishes the WD NetCenter as if it were a local drive on any computer connected to the network. Individuals with network access then can store, share and back up their digital content.
With EMC Retrospect Express 7.5 backup and recovery software users can choose complete or progressive backups and automatic or scheduled backups, and are assured that all their data is safe with the software's open-file and data encryption features. In the event a backed-up computer should fail, WD NetCenter's disaster recovery feature creates bootable media from which owners can restore all files and system settings.
All WD NetCenter systems will come packaged with the backup and system recovery software. Current owners of WD NetCenter models sold previously without the backup and system recovery software for a limited time can download the EMC Retrospect Express 7.5 software for free.
WD NetCenter features:
- WD Caviar SE 7,200 RPM hard drive inside for fast, quiet and cool operation without a fan
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection
- Common Internet File System (CIFS) for platform-independent file sharing
- Two hot-swappable USB host ports
- WD EasyLink utility to set up WD NetCenter as a local drive on any computer on the network
- WD NetCenter Manager software to easily view system status, share folders and printers, create and resize volumes
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client for automatic assignment of TCP/IP addresses
- Automatic power management when the WD NetCenter hard drive is idle
- Kensington security slot
WD NetCenter 500 GB network storage systems are available now at a suggested retail price of $399 USD.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!