VIA Announces VIA PT890 Chipset For Windows Vista
VIA Technologies today announced the VIA PT890 chipset ready for Microsoft Windows Vista.
The VIA PT890 supports Intel processors with up to 1066MHz FSB, DDR2 memory. The company suggests either an S3 Graphics Chrome S25 or Chrome S27 graphics card featuring DirectX 9.0 and the Chromotion 3.0 Video Engine for the "full Windows Vista Premium experience".
Utilizing the 533MB/s VIA V-Link interface, the VIA PT890 connects to the latest VIA South Bridge solutions such as the VIA VT8237A, with its integrated VIA Vinyl Multichannel Audio Suite (32-bit/192kHz). And the VIA Advanced Connectivity Suite offers a wide range of connectivity options, including support for up to eight USB 2.0 ports and 10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet.
The VIA PT890 also features VIA's proprietary StepUp memory technology to provide support for both DDR and DDR2 memory standards on the same motherboard.
The new chipset includes support for x16 PCI Express connectivity, delivering up to 4GB/s of dedicated graphics bandwidth per direction. The VIA PT890 also features additional x1 PCI Express peripheral support, providing 250MB/s per direction bandwidth to peripheral devices such as Gigabit Ethernet and HDTV tuner cards.
The VIA PT890 is part of VIA's Modular Architecture Platform (V-Map) strategy, which minimizes time-to-market for motherboard partners through a flexible, pin-compatible design approach for VIA core-logic solutions.
The VIA PT890 chipset is available now.
- Processor Support: Intel Pentium 4
- Hyper Threading Support: Yes
- Front Side Bus: 533MHz
- Memory Support: StepUp - Single Channel DDR2 533/400; DDR400/333/266; SDRAM w/ECC
- Graphics Support: PCI Express Graphics x16
- PCI Express: x1
- Bus Architecture: Asynchronous
- Max. Memory: 4GB
South Bridge (VIA VT8237A):
- North/South Bridge Link: V-Link (533MB/sec)
- Audio: VIA Vinyl HD Audio; VIA Vinyl AC'97 Audio; VIA VinylT Gold 8-channel Audio (PCI companion controller)
- Network: VIA Velocity Gigabit Ethernet companion controller; VIA integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Modem: MC'97
- PCI Devices/Slots: 6 slots
- SATA: 2 x SATA 150 devices; SATALite interface for 2 additional SATA devices (4 total)
- V-RAID: RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 0+1* & JBOD (SATA)
- PATA: ATA133 (up to 4 devices)
- USB: 8 ports
- I/O Protocols: I/O APIC / LPC Super I/0
- Power Management: ACPI / APM / PCI / PM
Source: VIA Technologies
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!