CeBIT 2006: MSI's Turion X2 Solutions And Sun-Powered Prototypes
MSI showcased at CeBIT 2006 its new mobile solutions, in particular, notebooks on AMD Turion processors.
They demonstrated the MS-7228 K8NGM-V affordable notebook motherboard:
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 + nForce 410 MCP
- Supports Socket754 AMD Sempron, Turion
- 2 x PCI, 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1
- 800MHz FSB
- 2 x DDR SDRAM sockets for up to 2GB
- 2 x Serial ATA-II channels for 2 devices
- 2 x ATA-133 channels for 4 devices
- Integrated graphics, Shader Model 3.0, 300MHz RAMDAC, up to 1920x1440 at 75Hz, shares up to 128MB of RAM
- RAID (RAID 0, 1)
- Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100Mbps
- 6-channel Realtek ALC655 AC'97 codec
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse, LPT, VGA, 4 x USB 2.0, RJ-45 LAN, audio interfaces (line-out, line-in, mic-in)
- microATX, 244x195mm size
There are also several "products of the future" like these sun-powered notebooks:
And these are notebooks on the recently announced dual-core AMD Turion X2. This S271 model features DDR2 memory, 12.1" WXGA display, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g).
On the next photo you can see that at the moment Windows XP recognizes such CPU as an engineering sample.
MSI is also going to produce Turion X2 barebones on the yet undisclosed chipset (bound to be made by NVIDIA.) Such barebones as MEGA mpc51PV will features integrated graphics, 7.1-channel sound, optional Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g), multi-format card reader.
Source: our reporter at CeBIT 2006
Write a comment below. No registration needed!