Fujitsu Siemens Computers Introduces The New LIFEBOOK P7120 Light Notebook
Fujitsu Siemens Computers introduced an addition to its ultra-portable LIFEBOOK P Series. The new LIFEBOOK P7120 is claimed to offer battery life that lasts up to a full working day, weighs only 1.28 kg (without optical disk drive), features a modular bay, widescreen display and all necessary connectivity options. The LIFEBOOK P7120 will hit the market in November, prices starting at ˆ2,699 (in Germany, incl. VAT).
Speaking of battery life, to specifically address this, Fujitsu Siemens Computers developed an "EcoButton". This integrated software solution is called to improve power management and allow for considerably prolonged battery life: only one click is required to change all power settings without disrupting work, e.g. disabling optical disk drives and reduce display brightness. The EcoButton feature will be shared by all next-generation LIFEBOOK models. Adding a second battery to the LIFEBOOK P7120 might increase battery life up to max 11.5 hours through (depending on applications, of course.)
Equipped with LED backlights, the 15:9 display absorbs most external light and is said to have wider viewing angles than conventional notebook screens. A biometric fingerprint sensor is standard. The LIFEBOOK P7120 is tied to the Trusted Platform Module (TPM), which acts as a hardware vault for passwords and encrypted keys. The hard disk drive shock absorbers, meanwhile, reduce vibration to ensure higher data availability and prevent losses. The LIFEBOOK P7120 is also VoIP-ready and has array microphones.
Advances over the previous model:
- Fanless technology
- Up to 11.5 hours battery life (with two batteries; depending on applications)
- Dedicated port replicator
- Integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 2915a/b/g LAN and Bluetooth
- VoIP-ready with array microphones
- Integrated TPM module
- Biometric fingerprint sensor
- Ultra-slim modular bay
- Height only 2.5 cm
- Weight including six-cell battery reduced to 1.28 kg (without optical disk drive)
- 10.6-inch WXGA display with Crystal View Technology and LED backlights
- Latest Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Intel Pentium M ULV processor
Source: Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Write a comment below. No registration needed!