VIA Announces P4M800 Pro Chipset
VIA Technologies announced the VIA P4M800 Pro chipset for the mainstream and entry-level PC markets.
Designed to support a full range of Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Celeron processors with an FSB of up to 800MHz, the VIA P4M800 Pro also supports a choice of DDR2-533/400 memory modules as well as DDR-400/333/266 SDRAM. The chipset´s multimedia features include the integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro IGP core with outputs to CRT, LCD and standard definition TV, and support for 1080p HDTV with a compatible TV-Out or DVI encoder.
Combined with the VIA VT8237R South Bridge, the VIA P4M800 Pro offers native Serial ATA and V-RAID support (RAID 0, 1, 0+1), VIA Vinyl Audio, and Gigabit Ethernet with the VIA Velocity controller.
The VIA P4M800 Pro is currently shipping worldwide, so motherboards featuring the chipset are expected to be available soon.
- Support for the latest Intel Pentium 4 Processors
- Supports 800/533MHz FSB
- Supports up to 16GB DDR2 or DDR Memory
- V-Link 533MB/sec North/South Bridge interconnect
- AGP 8X/4X
- Integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro
- Optimized Unified Memory Architecture (UMA)
- 200MHz Graphics Engine Clock with separated 128-bit data paths
- 128-bit 2D and 3D Graphics Engine
- Chromotion CE Video Display Engine
- MPEG-2 Decoder
- Video Deblocking
- Adaptive De-Interlace
- Full HDTV support up to 1080p
- Two 8-bit Video Capture Ports
- Three 12-bit Digital Video Ports for connection to TV out, Video Capture In, and external TMDS transmitter
- Support for Microsoft DirectX 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 and Open GL support
- Support for VIA Vinyl Audio
- Serial ATA support for up to 4 devices
- Integrated V-RAID with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 0+1, and JBOD (SATA) support
- Parallel ATA133/100/66 support for up to 4 devices
- Support for up to 8 USB 2.0/USB 1.1 ports
- Support for VIA Velocity Gigabit Ethernet companion controller & Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- Advanced System Power Management Support
Source: VIA Technologies
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!