Intel Pentium 4 EE 3.46 GHz and 925XE Express officially announced
Intel announced its new Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.46 GHz processor and Intel 925XE Express chipset. Both are designed for gaming enthusiasts (the price corresponds). The new processor utilizes 1066 MHz FSB (QPB clock is 266 MHz), supports Hyper-Threading. Respectively, 925XE supports such FSB as well.
Besides 1066 MHz FSB (800 MHz LGA775 also supported), 925XE Express features 7.1-channel Intel High Definition Audio and supports DDR2-533 MHz. The new Pentium 4 Extreme Edition operates at 3.46 GHz and has 2 MB L3 cache. According ot the company, new Pentium 4 EE will cost $1000 in over 1,000-unit quantities.
Intel 925XE Express features:
- Supports LGA775 with up to 1066 MHz FSB
- PCI Express x16, throughput up to 4 GB/s
- Dual-channel DDR2-533 MHz controller, throuhput up to 8.5 GB/s
- Intel Matrix Storage Technology (ICH6R Southbridge)
- Intel High Definition Audio: 7.1-channel Dolby Digital/DTS codec, sampling up to 192 kHz, voice recognition and voice-over-IP features
- Direct Media Interface (DMI) with up to 2 GB/s throughput
- 4 x Serial ATA (SATA/150) ports
- Ultra ATA/100
- Up to 8 x USB 2.0 ports
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!