iXBT Labs - Computer Hardware in Detail






Latest News

 « Previous Day News Archive  

Sanyo Epson Imaging Device Corporation: the new LCD manufacturer

SEIKO Epson and Sanyo Electric merged their LCD businesses into the new market player, Sanyo Epson Imaging Device Corporation.

The new company will be formed of the respective divisions of Epson, Sanyo Electric, and Tottori Sanyo Electric (Sanyo LCD R&D) and will focus on creating the manufacture base for producing D-TDF, STN, low-temperature polycrystalline silicon, TFT matrices and displays for mobile handsets, digital cameras, etc. It´s interesting that the usual TFT and EL businesses won´t be merged.

Officially the new company will start working in October 2004. At that, total assets will make ¥360 billion (about $3.27 billion). Epson is expected to own 55% of the merge, and Sanyo Electric will own the remaining 45%.

Source: PC Watch

 « Previous Day News Archive  

Latest headlines

ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards

Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions

ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630

Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers

WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own

Write a comment below. No registration needed!

blog comments powered by Disqus

  Most Popular Reviews More    RSS  

AMD Phenom II X4 955, Phenom II X4 960T, Phenom II X6 1075T, and Intel Pentium G2120, Core i3-3220, Core i5-3330 Processors

Comparing old, cheap solutions from AMD with new, budget offerings from Intel.
February 1, 2013 · Processor Roundups

Inno3D GeForce GTX 670 iChill, Inno3D GeForce GTX 660 Ti Graphics Cards

A couple of mid-range adapters with original cooling systems.
January 30, 2013 · Video cards: NVIDIA GPUs

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

An external X-Fi solution in tests.
September 9, 2008 · Sound Cards

AMD FX-8350 Processor

The first worthwhile Piledriver CPU.
September 11, 2012 · Processors: AMD

Consumed Power, Energy Consumption: Ivy Bridge vs. Sandy Bridge

Trying out the new method.
September 18, 2012 · Processors: Intel
  Latest Reviews More    RSS  

i3DSpeed, September 2013

Retested all graphics cards with the new drivers.
Oct 18, 2013 · 3Digests

i3DSpeed, August 2013

Added new benchmarks: BioShock Infinite and Metro: Last Light.
Sep 06, 2013 · 3Digests

i3DSpeed, July 2013

Added the test results of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 and AMD Radeon HD 7730.
Aug 05, 2013 · 3Digests

Gainward GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB Golden Sample Graphics Card

An excellent hybrid of GeForce GTX 650 Ti and GeForce GTX 660.
Jun 24, 2013 · Video cards: NVIDIA GPUs

i3DSpeed, May 2013

Added the test results of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770/780.
Jun 03, 2013 · 3Digests
  Latest News More    RSS  

Platform  ·  Video  ·  Multimedia  ·  Mobile  ·  Other  ||  About us & Privacy policy  ·  Twitter  ·  Facebook

Copyright © Byrds Research & Publishing, Ltd., 1997–2011. All rights reserved.