MemoryStick Duo flash memories from Sony are close to retail
New-format MemoryStick Duo flash cards, officially presented by Sony a couple of months ago, began to transform into real products with expected availability in the end of July.
First, there will be 16 MB MemoryStick Duo or MSA-M16A cards. As the new format is mostly designed for mobile devices like cellulars, players, etc., the cards are about one third smaller than standard MemoryStick. First novelties will be supplied with a special adapter.
MemoryStick Duo main specifications:
- Supply voltage: 2.7-3.6 V
- Consumption current: up to 45 mA, up to 130 microampere in idle mode
- Data transfer rate: up to 1.8 MB/s write, up to 2.45 MB/s read
- Operation temperature range: 0úC 60úC
- Size: 21.5 » 50 » 2.8 mm (20 » 31 » 1.6 mm without adapter)
- Weight: about 4 gr with adapter, 2 gr without
According to company roadmap, MemoryStick Duo capacity is to increase up to 128 MB by the year-end. 16 MB MSA-M16A cards cost about $22.
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!