AMD announces new Alchemy Am1772 WLAN chipset
Early in the morning AMD announced shipments of AMD Alchemy Am1772 Wireless LAN chipset samples along with the reference design kit with miniPCI card on this chipset.
Am1772 features two chips and is intended for 802.11b WLAN solutions. It can be also used in notebooks, PDAs, etc. Made using CMOS technology, the chipset includes AMD Alchemy Solutions Am 1770 radio-frequency transceiver and AMD Alchemy Am1771 MAC/wideband processor.
- Output power: 17.5 dBm
- Receiver sensivity: 87 dBm (@ 11MBps)
- Tx mode consumption current: 232 mA
- Rx mode consumption current: 134 mA
- Listen mode consumption current, 3.3V: 106 mA
- Sleep mode consumption current: 18 mA
- Crypto protocols: 802.1x, WEP 40, 128-bit TKIP + WPA (software extensions supported)
- Certification: Wi-Fi, WHQL
Am1772 and RDK shipments are scheduled to November, volume production – to Q1 2003.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!