Zotac AMP! GeForce GTX 550 Ti, AMP! GeForce GTX 560, GeForce GTX 590 Graphics Cards
- Intel Core i7-975 3340 MHz CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard on the Intel X58 chipset
- 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM from Corsair
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, DirectX 11
- 30" Dell 3007WFP monitor
- VSync disabled
- NVIDIA Drivers 275.33, AMD Catalyst 11.6
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) — DirectX 10.0, Shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- Crysis Warhead (Crytek/EA) — Cargo, DirectX 10.0, Shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters) — DirectX 11, Ultra High settings, run as follows: "dirt2.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml".
- Metro 2033 (4A Games/THQ) — DirectX 11, Super High settings, PhysX disabled, run from in game.
- Just Cause 2 (Avalanche Studios/Eidos Interactive) — DirectX 10.0, Super High settings, run from in game.
- Aliens vs. Predator (Rebellion/SEGA) — DirectX 11, Shaders 5.0, Very High settings, run from in game.
- F1 2010 (Codemasters) — DirectX 11, Ultra High settings, run as follows: "formulaone.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml". Game provided by NVIDIA.
- Tropics Benchmark 1.3 (Unigine) — DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.5 Pro (Unigine) — DirectX 11, High settings.
- 3DMark 11 (FutureMark) — DirectX 11, Performance settings.
We'd like to thank Unigine for helping us set up their benchmarks.
Speaking of test results, pay attention to those of the GTX 590 in SLI, that's the most interesting thing. In turn, the GTX 560 is overclocked to such extent that it's just 2-3% away from GTX 560 Ti, so you might as well take a look at the results of the latter. Finally, the greatly overclocked GTX 550 Ti performs like a similar card from Gainward we already tested in March, so please take a look at that respective page.
Far Cry 2
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Just Cause 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Unigine Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Heaven Benchmark, DirectX 11
The very expensive dual GTX 590 in SLI mode are only reasonable at very high resolutions (1920x1200 and higher) and also when performance isn't bottlenecked by other PC parts. We believe that such prices aren't justified, that's why this solution is at the end of our usability rating. But, of course, enthusiasts don't mind spendings like that. Well, just don't forget to max the settings, antialiasing and anisotropic filtering included. Otherwise CPU will become a bottleneck and you'll get what we've got in Far Cry 2.
Zotac AMP! GeForce GTX 560 is overclocked so greatly that it performs on a par with GTX 560 Ti while the price is still lower. Although our usability ratings are led by Radeon HD cards, this solution from Zotac has a chance to get to the top. All will depend on price.
Zotac AMP! GeForce GTX 550 Ti is a very nice solution with a very efficient cooler. It catches up with and even outperforms Radeon HD 5770, just pay attention to prices.
We express gratitude to Zotac for the provided graphics cards. The PSU is provided by TAGAN, the monitor is provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!