Gigabyte GV-R685D5-1GD, GV-N450OC-1GI, GV-N460OC-1GI
- Intel Core i7-975 3340 MHz CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard on the Intel X58 chipset
- 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM from Corsair
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, DirectX 11
- 30" Dell 3007WFP monitor
- VSync disabled
- NVIDIA Drivers 260.99
- ATI CATALYST 10.10
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, Shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA) -- Cargo, DirectX 10.0, Shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters) -- DirectX 10.0/11.0, Ultra High settings, run the benchmark as follows: "dirt2.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml".
- Metro 2033 (4A Games/THQ) -- DirectX 11.0, Super High settings, PhysX disabled, benchmark is run from the game.
- Just Cause 2 (Avalanche Studios/Eidos Interactive) -- DirectX 11.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Aliens vs. Predator (Rebellion/SEGA) -- DirectX 11.0, Shaders 5.0, Very High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Tropics Benchmark 1.3 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 11.0, High settings.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, Shaders 4.0, multitexturing, Extreme settings.
- RightMark3D (iXBT.com) -- DirectX, a synthetic benchmark, Shaders 2.0/2.0b/3.0.
We'd like to thank Unigine for helping us set up their benchmarks.
We provided results of GeForce GTX 460 1024MB at standard and highest clock rates officially available. You can easily understand how a card with different clock rates performs, because it fits between the aforementioned two. The same is correct for GeForce GTS 450.
Far Cry 2
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Just Cause 2
Aliens vs. Predator DirectX 11.0
Unigine Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 10.0
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 11.0
3DMark Vantage Graphics Marks
GeForce GTX 460 and Radeon HD 6850 are worthy competitors. Base your choice on specific cards, prices and whether you're a fan of AMD or NVIDIA.
Gigabyte GV-N460OC-1GI is a great GeForce GTX 460 model that offers both factory overclocking and an excellent cooler.
Gigabyte GV-R685D5-1GD is a typical Radeon HD 6850 in terms of clock rates, so it may yield to the factory-overclocked GTX 460. But it also has an excellent cooler, so base your choice upon price.
Gigabyte GV-N450OC-1GI is a lower-end product than the previous two, but in its class it really shines — both in terms of clock rates and cooler efficiency. It outperforms the competing Radeon HD 5750 almost every time. But remember: price is the key.
We express gratitude to Gigabyte for the provided graphics cards. The PSU is provided by TAGAN, the monitor is provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!