Gigabyte GeForce GTX 275 and GTS 250
Performance in games
- Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 (3000 MHz) CPU
- Zotac 790i Ultra motherboard on NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM Corsair 2000MHz
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA hard drive
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows Vista 32-bit SP1, DirectX 10.1
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 9.4; NVIDIA 185.68 drivers
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky 1.507 (GSC Game World/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, maximum quality settings (dynamic lighting enabled); demo, copy files to the savegames folder, run the game, load level 'ixbt4', and type "demo_play ixbt4" in the console. This game does not support AA.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, 'Extreme' settings.
- CRYSIS 1.2 (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Rescue' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Cargo' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, maximum settings; batch file, run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- World In Conflict 1.007 (Massive Entertainment/Sierra) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- Devil May Cry 4 (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; Scene 1.
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings (with adjusted AA and AF); Scene 1.
Note that Gigabyte's GTX 275 has the reference clock rates and there's a review available already.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Far Cry 2
World In Conflict
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts
3DMark Vantage Graphics MARKS
Devil May Cry 4, Scene 1
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition, Scene 1
Gigabyte GeForce GTS 250 Overclocked 1024MB is a brilliant product in its class, combining excellent performance (at the increased operating frequencies), much higher than its competitors can provide, as well as good cooling efficiency. Advantages of the card include its short PCB as well as three types of video connectors (as the card is bundled with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter, you can still use two monitors with DVI). Don't forget about good overclocking parameters. If its price does not outweigh these advantages, this will be a good choice.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 275 Durable 896MB is also the best of GTX 275 cards with standard frequencies. The market is full of turbo modifications, of course. But among cards operating at typical frequencies this product has a number of advantages owing to its modified PCB: lower temperatures, lower power consumption, lower fan speed. Besides, it's equipped with a TV-out, a rare feature in reference GTX 2xx products.
We express gratitude to Gigabyte Russia for the provided graphics cards.
The PSU has been provided by TAGAN, the monitor has been provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!