Gigabyte GV-N480D5-15I-B, Leadtek WinFast GTX 480 Graphics Cards
- Intel Core i7-975 (3340 MHz) CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with the Intel X58 chipset
- 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM from Corsair
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, DirectX 11
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 10.4; NVIDIA Drivers 197.41/197.45.
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- Crysis 1.2 (Crytek/EA) -- Rescue, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Crysis Warhead (Crytek/EA) -- Cargo, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters) -- DirectX 10.0/11.0, Ultra High settings, run the benchmark as follows: "dirt2.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml".
- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Just Cause 2 (Avalanche Studios/Eidos Interactive) -- DirectX 11.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Tropics Benchmark 1.3 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 11.0, High settings.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, Extreme settings.
We'd like to thank Unigine for helping us set up their benchmarks.
Far Cry 2
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II
Just Cause 2
Unigine Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 10.0
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 11.0
3DMark Vantage Graphics Marks
Leadtek GeForce GTX 480 1536MB (WinFast GTX 480) is a regular GeForce GTX 480 we have already reviewed in detail. Remember that the product generally fits between Radeon HD 5870 and Radeon HD 5970, offering excellent DX11 potential (where tesselation is involved). Drawbacks include high power consumption and high operating temperatures hence cooler noise. Not to mention the price.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 480 1536MB (GV-N480D5-15I-B) is completely the same.
You should also remember about technologies like 3D Vision and PhysX these two graphics cards support. When prices become adequate and these cards become more affordable, these feature will add to cards' success.
One more thing. If you plan on installing a liquid cooling system, know that you may void warranty. Starting from this lineup, NVIDIA has been putting extra crispy stickers onto cooler screws on the back of the PCB. And you can hardly remove the cooler without breaking those (and voiding the warranty).
We express gratitude to Gigabyte and Leadtek for the provided graphics cards. The PSU is provided by TAGAN, the monitor is provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!