i3DSpeed, November 2010
AMD Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 (650/650/1660 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; December 14, 2010.
On the example of HIS Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 (650/650/1660 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: Radeon HD 5570 (Redwood)
- Memory: 1GB GDDR3 SDRAM in 8 chips on both sides of the PCB
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs/Shaders): 650/650 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 830 (1660) MHz (standard)
- Bus: 128-bit
- Stream processors: 400
- TMUs: 20 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 8
- Size: 170x75x30 mm
- PCB color: blue
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), VGA, HDMI
- Multi-GPU mode: software CrossFire
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card can work with three monitors simultaneously.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max via analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max via digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
MPEG2 playback (DVD-Video) was analyzed back in 2002 and little has changed since that time. Modern graphics cards do not load CPUs during video playback by more than 25%.
The HDTV review is available here.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!