i3DSpeed, October 2009
ATI RADEON HD 4890 1024MB DDR5 (850/850/3900 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; November 15, 2009.
On the example of HIS RADEON HD 4890 1024MB DDR5 (850/850/3900 MHz).
- GPU: 4890 (RV790)
- 1024 MB GDDR5 SDRAM in 8 Qimonda chips on the front side; 1000 (4000) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCI-Express x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 850/850 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 975 (3900) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 356-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 800
- Texture processors: 40
- ROPs: 16
- Size: 260x100x33 mm (the latter is max. width)
- PCB color: red
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), TV-out (integrated into GPU)
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware CrossFire
RV790 is very similar to the preceeding RADEON HD 4870. The differences are minor, related only to the power supply unit and optimized memory chips circuitry (as the core has been remade).
This card requires a DVI-to-D-Sub adapter to be connected to an analog monitor with a D-Sub interface.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
The HDTV review is available here.
We thank AMD Russia
for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!