i3DSpeed, October 2008
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 2x512MB DDR3 (600/2000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; November 12, 2008.
On the example of ASUS EN9800GX2 (GeForce 9800 GX2) 2x512MB.
- GPU: 2 x GeForce 9800 GTX (2 x G92)
- 1024 MB GDDR3 SDRAM in 16 Samsung chips on both sides; 1250 (2500) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCI-Express x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 600/1512 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1000 (2000) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 2 x 256-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 2 x 128
- Texture processors: 2 x 64 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 2 x 16
- Size: 270x100x33 mm (the latter is max. width)
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), HDMI
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware SLI for own GPUs + Hardware SLI for the second card
This card requires a DVI-to-D-Sub adapter to be connected to an analog monitor with a D-Sub interface.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
MPEG2 playback (DVD-Video) was analyzed back in 2002 and little has changed since that time. Modern graphics cards do not load CPUs during video playback by more than 25%.
The HDTV review is available here.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!