i3DSpeed, July 2012
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072MB 384-bit DDR5 (800/800/5000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; August 22, 2012.
« Back to i3DSpeed
On the example of a reference AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072MB 384-bit DDR5 (800/800/5000 MHz).
- GPU: Radeon HD 7950 (Tahiti Pro)
- Interface: PCIe 3.0 x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs/shaders): 800 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1250 (5000) MHz (standard)
- Memory bus: 384-bit
- Stream processors: 1792
- Texture units: 112 (BLF/TLF/ANIS)
- ROP units: 32
- Dimensions: 275x100x33 mm
- Board color: red
- Display connectors: Dual-Link DVI, HDMI 1.4a, 2 x Mini DisplayPort 1.2
- Multi-GPU mode: hardware CrossFireX
This card has two BIOS chips and a selector switch. This should help fix failed firmware upgrades. The first BIOS chip is select by default.
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card has two 6-pin supplementary power connectors.
This card should come supplied with DP-to-DVI adapters, so from now on you won't need DisplayPort-equipped monitors to use Eyefinity. Each new DisplayPort 1.2 interface allows outputting signal to three monitors by means of a special hub. So two such interfaces allow connecting six monitors at once.
There's also a very interesting feature called "ZeroCore Power," which is basically card's ability to hybernate when monitor turns off after a period of inactivity. Usually, a graphics card remains in the same 2D mode, at same clock rates. With ZeroCore Power, any Radeon HD 7000 considerably reduces clock rates, consuming just 3W, then stops the fan. Moreover, in a CrossFire configuration, as soon as cards go out of the 3D mode, only the first card continues to work while the remaining ones go into the aforementioned hybernation. A very nice feature we'd say!
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz max. digital resolution
- 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz max. VGA resolution
We thank AMD for the provided graphics card.
« Back to i3DSpeed
Write a comment below. No registration needed!