i3DSpeed, May 2010
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3 (600/1800 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; June 9, 2010.
On the example of the reference NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3 (600/1800 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: GeForce 9800 GT (G92)
- Memory: 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM in 8 Samsung chips on the front side; 1000 (2000) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 600/1512 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 900 (1800) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 256-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 112
- Texture processors: 64 (28) (BLF)
- ROPs: 16
- Size: 220x100x15 mm
- PCB color: green
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), TV-out (integrated into GPU)
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware SLI
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
MPEG2 playback (DVD-Video) was analyzed back in 2002 and little has changed since that time. Modern graphics cards do not load CPUs during video playback by more than 25%.
The HDTV review is available here.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!