i3DSpeed, May 2009
ATI RADEON HD 4870 2048MB DDR5 (750/750/3600 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; June 8, 2009.
On the example of Sapphire RADEON HD 4870 Vapor-X 2048MB DDR5 (750/750/3600 MHz).
- GPU: RADEON HD 4870 (RV770)
- 2048 MB GDDR5 SDRAM in 16 Qimonda chips on both sides; 1000 (4000) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCI-Express x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 750/750 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 900 (3600) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 256-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 800
- Texture processors: 40 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 16
- Size: 220x100x33 mm (the latter is max. width)
- PCB color: red
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: DVI (Dual-Link), DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware CrossFire
The card differs from the reference design by minor changes to the power supply unit and available outputs.
The card has solid-state electrolytic capacitors and Diamond Black chokes with built-in heatsinks called to improve card performance and reliability.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
MPEG2 playback (DVD-Video) was analyzed back in 2002 and little has changed since that time. Modern graphics cards do not load CPUs during video playback by more than 25%.
The HDTV review is available here.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!