i3DSpeed, April 2010
ATI RADEON HD 5970 2x1024MB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; May 6, 2010.
On the example of Gigabyte RADEON HD 5970 2x1024MB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: 2 x RADEON HD 5870 (Hemlock)
- Memory: 2 x 1024 MB GDDR5 SDRAM in 16 Samsung chips on both sides; 1250 (5000) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 725/725 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1000 (4000) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 2 x 256-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 2 x 1600
- Texture processors: 2 x 80 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 2 x 32
- Size: 305x100x33 mm
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), HDMI
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware CrossFire
Essentially, this is a couple of 5850 cards on a single PCB.
Note that the PCB length is 305mm. Also note the housing width -- a motherboard must have enough space behind the PCI-E x16 slot and the adjacent slot as well.
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card has one 8-pin and one 6-pin power connectors.
This card can work with three monitors simultaneously.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
The HDTV review is available here.
We thank Gigabyte
for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!