i3DSpeed, January 2010
ATI RADEON HD 4670 512MB DDR3 (750/2000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; February 1, 2010.
On the example of the reference ATI RADEON HD 4670 512MB DDR3 (750/2000 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: RADEON HD 4670 (RV730)
- Memory: 512 MB GDDR3 SDRAM in 8 Samsung chips on both sides; 1000 (2000) MHz peak clock rate
- Interface: PCI-Express x16
- GPU (ROPs/Shaders) clock rate: 750/750 MHz (nominal)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1000 (2000) MHz (nominal)
- Bus width: 128-bit
- Vertex processors: -
- Pixel processors: -
- Unified processors: 320
- Texture processors: 32
- ROPs: 8
- Size: 180x100x16 mm
- PCB color: red
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), TV-out (integrated into GPU)
- VIVO: -
- Multi-GPU: Hardware CrossFire
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2048 x 1536 x 32bit @ 85Hz Max - analog interface
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max - digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
MPEG2 playback (DVD-Video) was analyzed back in 2002 and little has changed since that time. Modern graphics cards do not load CPUs during video playback by more than 25%.
The HDTV review is available here.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!