Tuesday, August 05, 2003
Daily mailbox: Gaming in 3D, OCWorkbench, Tweaknews — Cormac @ 14:55
Budget Dual-Channel PC3200 Roundup Article @ Gaming in 3D
"$#@%! That´s what you´re thinking, aren´t you? You just laid down some
good coin for your RAM, and now you find out this dual-channel
motherboard you´ve been drooling over wants "dual-channel certified"
RAM. Nuts to that!
While you may end up having to get new RAM, you´re NOT going to pay an
arm and a leg for it... and you sure as hell aren´t going to pay 20%
just to have your RAM "dual-channel" certified!"
Read more at Gaming in 3D.
OCW Exclusive News: DFI 748-AL SiS 748 K7 Mainboard
- AMD Athlon(TM) XP 266/333/400MHz FSB
- AMD Athlon(TM) 200/266MHz FSB
- Socket A
- SiS748 Northbridge, SiS963L Southbridge
- Three 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets for up to 3GB memory (unbuffered DIMM) of PC1600 (DDR200), PC2100 (DDR266), PC2700(DDR333), PC3200 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM DIMM, 2.5V type
- CPU overclocking in 1MHz stepping; CPU/DIMM/AGP/Chipset overvoltage
- Realtek 6-channel codec; AC´97 2.2 extension compliant; S/PDIF-in/out
- Monitors CPU/system temperature and overheat alarm; 1.8V/±12V/5V/3.3V/CPU/3VSB/5VSB voltages and failure alarm; CPU/chassis fan speed and failure alarm; Read back capability that displays temperature, voltage and fan speed; CPU Temperature Protection function during system boot-up
- Realtek 8201BL Phy fast ethernet controller; Integrated IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX compatible PHY
- Supports ATA/33, ATA/66, ATA/100 and ATA/133 hard drives; UDMA Modes 3, 4, 5 and 6 EIDE
- 1 AGP 8x/4x slot
- 5 PCI slots
- 2 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 4 layers, ATX form factor
- 30.5cm (12") x 21.5cm (8.46")
Read more at OCWorkbench.
Soyo P4I875P Dragon2 Canterwood Motherboard Review @ Tweaknews.net
"Through my testing of this particular motherboard, the system was unreliable, the BIOS couldn´t be updated and would reset itself when ever it wanted, the SATA would not work through the southbridge and the overclocking and overall performance was substandard when compared to an equally equipped motherboard from another manufacturer."
Read more at Tweaknews.net.
[ Previous Day ] [ Search ] [ News Archive ]
ASUS Launches R9 200, R7 200 Series, Matrix R9 280X Graphics Cards
Apacer Launches SATA SLC-lite SSD solutions
ADATA Introduces a Stylish External HDD HC630
Samsung Introduces New Wireless Multiroom Speakers
WD Gives Consumers a Cloud of Their Own
Write a comment below. No registration needed!