HIS Radeon HD 5570 Graphics Card
An inexpensive solution with a good price/performance ratio.
May 11, 2010
- Intel Core i7-975 (3340 MHz) CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with the Intel X58 chipset
- 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM from Corsair
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, DirectX 11
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 10.4; NVIDIA Drivers 197.41/197.45.
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- CRYSIS 1.2 (Crytek/EA) -- Rescue, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA) -- Cargo, DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, Very High settings, batch file, timedemo available by e-mail request.
- Colin McRae: DiRT 2 (Codemasters) -- DirectX 10.0/11.0, Ultra High settings, run the benchmark as follows: "dirt2.exe -benchmark example_benchmark.xml".
- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Just Cause 2 (Avalanche Studios/Eidos Interactive) -- DirectX 11.0, Super High settings, run the benchmark from the in-game menu.
- Tropics Benchmark 1.3 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 10.0, High settings.
- Heaven Benchmark 2.0 (Unigine) -- DirectX 11.0, High settings.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, Extreme settings.
We'd like to thank Unigine for helping us set up their benchmarks.
Far Cry 2
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Warhammer 40.000: Dawn Of War II
Just Cause 2
Unigine Tropics Benchmark
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 10.0
Unigine Heaven Benchmark DirectX 11.0
3DMark Vantage Graphics Marks
As we can see, ATI RADEON HD 5570 expectedly lags behind ATI HD RADEON 5670 and performs about on a par with ATI RADEON HD 4670. At the same time it noticeably outperforms NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, even getting closer to NVIDIA GeForce GT 240. Considering that we use the fastest GeForce GT 240 card equipped with DDR5 memory, while in most cases such cards are sold with DDR3 memory, ATI RADEON HD 5570 has a great price/performance ratio.
You can also see that even 1280x1024 is often too much for the today's product. You either have to decrease resolution or reduce graphics settings. Well, that's an inexpensive RADEON HD 5570 after all.
HIS Radeon HD 5570 1024MB is an excellent product in its class, offering nice installation flexibility. Just note that it will only become popular, if it's cheaper than rivals. At least cheaper than NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 DDR3 and priced similarly to NVIDIA GeForce GT 220.
We express gratitude to HIS for the provided graphics card. The PSU is provided by TAGAN, the monitor is provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!