2 x 240sp, 2 x 896MB, 2 x 448-bit.
February 27, 2009
Performance in games
- Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 (3000 MHz) CPU
- Zotac 790i Ultra motherboard on NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM Corsair 2000MHz
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA hard drive
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows Vista 32bit SP1, DirectX 10.1
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 8.12beta (8.561.3); NVIDIA 181.20 drivers
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky 1.507 (GSC Game World/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, maximum quality settings (dynamic lighting enabled); demo, copy files to the savegames folder, run the game, load level 'ixbt4', and type "demo_play ixbt4" in the console. This game does not support AA.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, 'Extreme' settings.
- CRYSIS 1.2 (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Rescue' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Cargo' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, maximum settings; batch file, run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- World In Conflict 1.007 (Massive Entertainment/Sierra) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- Devil May Cry 4 (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; Scene 1.
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings (with adjusted AA and AF); Scene 1.
- Left 4 Dead (Valve) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings.
Note that performance charts are located on dedicated pages.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Performance charts: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
World In Conflict
Performance charts: World In Conflict
CRYSIS, Rescue, DX10, Very High
Performance charts: CRYSIS, Rescue, DX10, Very High
CRYSIS Warhead, Cargo, DX10, Very High
Performance charts: CRYSIS Warhead, Cargo, DX10, Very High
Far Cry 2
Performance charts: Far Cry 2
Company Of Heroes
Performance charts: CoH
3DMark Vantage, Graphics MARKS
Performance charts: 3DMark Vantage, Graphics MARKS
Devil May Cry 4, SCENE1
Performance charts: Devil May Cry 4, SCENE1
Lost Planet EC Colonies, SCENE1
Performance charts: Lost Planet EC Colonies, SCENE1
Left 4 Dead
Performance charts: Left 4 Dead
Even though GTX 295 hasn't demonstrated ultimate performance in certain tests, it's apparently a king of 3D graphics, the fastest graphics card these days.
Our tests have also proved that the technology of uniting two GPUs by means of drivers or other software has lots of underlying potential problems. For example, we added a number of new tests, and it immediately turned out that HD 4870 X2 had problems with CrossFire, when it just wouldn't work in a new game. Fortunately, NVIDIA has been doing better in this respect so far. There are still some problems (SLI does not work in our special version of RightMark 2.0, but it's partially our fault). However, NVIDIA programmers have apparently overdid it in one test, having added optimizations for GTX 295 and forgotten to do so for other products. As a result, GTX 295 outperforms even GTX 280 SLI -- this just cannot be true. :)
Another warning for those willing to get the most powerful solution: be ready that your dual-GPU card won't be lightning-fast in a new game just because its driver does not support this game yet. We hope that programmers from NVIDIA and AMD will promptly add support for all new games into their drivers.
NVIDIA GTX 295 gets our Original Design award:
We express gratitude to
NVIDIA Russia and Luciano Alibrandi
for the provided graphics card.
PSU provided by TAGAN,
Monitor provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!