MSI GeForce GTX 275 Lighting Graphics Card
Performance in games
- Intel Core I7 CPU 920 (2,667 MHz) CPU
- ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard with the Intel X58 chipset
- 3GB Corsair's DDR3 SDRAM, 1066MHz
- WD Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB SATA HDD
- Tagan TG900-BZ 900W PSU
- Windows Vista 32-bit SP1, DirectX 10.1
- Dell 3007WFP 30-inch monitor
- ATI CATALYST 9.10; NVIDIA 191.07
- VSync disabled
- Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0 (HDR), built-in benchmarking utility (the Middle level), maximum settings.
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky 1.509 (GSC Game World/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, maximum quality settings (dynamic lighting enabled); demo, copy files to the savegames folder, run the game, load level 'ixbt4', and type "demo_play ixbt4" in the console. Maximum test settings (dynamic lights enabled). This game does not support AA.
- 3DMark Vantage 1.02 (FutureMark) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, multitexturing, 'Extreme' settings.
- CRYSIS 1.2 (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Rescue' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- CRYSIS Warhead (Crytek/EA), DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings, 'Cargo' level; batch file, e-mail us to obtain the timedemo.
- Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts (Relic Entertainment/THQ) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, maximum settings; batch file, run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- World In Conflict 1.007 (Massive Entertainment/Sierra) -- DirectX 10.0, shaders 4.0, 'Very High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; run the game, invoke graphics settings and click the test button.
- Devil May Cry 4 (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings with adjusted AA and AF; Scene 1.
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition (CAPCOM) -- DirectX 10.0, 'Super High' settings (with adjusted AA and AF); Scene 1.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
Far Cry 2
World In Conflict
Crysis Warhead, Cargo
Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts
3DMark Vantage Graphics Marks
Devil May Cry 4, Scene 1
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition, Scene 1
MSI GeForce GTX 275 Lighting 1792MB is a very interesting solution. It's factory overclocking is not that considerable, yielding only 5-8% performance boost. But that's not the most important. The key is the great, highly efficient cooler and the Afterburner utility that allows controlling and monitoring the card (so it's probably an alternative to the AirForce device).
Yes, this product is getting ready for obsolescence, but don't forget about prices. If this card becomes noticeably cheaper than even the AMD 5xxx series, then why not give it a try? It'll be enough for any game for a year or so.
We express gratitude to MSI for the provided graphics cards. The PSU has been provided by TAGAN, the monitor has been provided by NVIDIA.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!