i3DSpeed, December 2010
AMD Radeon HD 5850 1GB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; January 14, 2010.
On the example of Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1GB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress)
- Memory: 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM in 8 chips on the front side of the PCB
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs/Shaders): 725/725 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1000 (4000) MHz (standard)
- Bus: 256-bit
- Stream processors: 1440
- TMUs: 72 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 32
- Size: 260x100x33 mm
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), Display Port, HDMI
- Multi-GPU mode: hardware CrossFireX
The card looks like HD 4890, with the same 256-bit bus and 8 memory chips. However, outputs have changed a lot, because the card supports three receivers simultaneously and has 4 connectors (HDMI and Display Port cannot be used simultaneously). Also, the power supply unit has changed comparing to its predecessor due to the peculiarities of the new core and its power needs.
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card has two 6-pin supplementary power connectors.
This card can work with three monitors simultaneously.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz Max via digital interface (all Dual-Link DVIs)
We thank AMD for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!