i3DSpeed, March 2011
AMD Radeon HD 6990 2x2048 MB 2x256-bit DDR5 (830/830/5000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; April 8, 2011.
On the example of the reference AMD Radeon HD 6990 2x2048 MB 2x256-bit DDR5 (830/830/5000 MHz).
- GPU: 2 x Radeon HD 6970 (Cayman)
- Memory: 2 x 2GB GDDR5 SDRAM in 16 chips on both sides of the PCB
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs) 830/880 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1250 (5000) MHz (standard)
- Bus: 2 x 256-bit
- Stream processors: 2 x 1536
- TMUs: 2 x 96 (BLF/TLF/ANIS)
- ROPs: 2 x 32
- Size: 330x100x33 mm
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: Dual-Link DVI, 4 x mini DisplayPort 1.2
- Multi-GPU mode: hardware CrossFireX
This card has two BIOS chips and a selector switch. One BIOS offers a regular mode, the other stores an overclocked profile. This should also help fix unsuccessful firmware upgrades. BIOS1 is selected by default.
This card has two 8-pin supplementary power connectors.
Each new DisplayPort 1.2 interface allows outputting signal to three monitors by means of a special hub (twelve monitors in total).
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz max. digital resolution
- 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz max. VGA resolution
We thank AMD for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!