i3DSpeed, March 2011
AMD Radeon HD 6950 2048MB 256-bit DDR5 (800/800/5000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; April 8, 2011.
On the example of the reference AMD Radeon HD 6950 2048 MB 256-bit DDR5 (800/800/5000 MHz).
- GPU: Radeon HD 6950 (Cayman)
- Memory: 2GB GDDR5 SDRAM in 8 chips on the front side of the PCB
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs) 800 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1250 (5000) MHz (standard)
- Bus: 256-bit
- Stream processors: 1408
- TMUs: 88 (BLF/TLF/ANIS)
- ROPs: 32
- Size: 275x100x33 mm
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x Dual-Link DVI, 1 x HDMI 1.4a, 2 x Mini DisplayPort 1.2
- Multi-GPU mode: hardware CrossFireX
This card has two BIOS chips and a selector switch. This should help fix unsuccessful firmware upgrades. The first BIOS chip is select by default.
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card has two 6-pin supplementary power connectors.
This card can work with three monitors simultaneously (one has to be connected via DisplayPort). Moreover, each new DisplayPort 1.2 interface allows outputting signal to three monitors by means of a special hub. So two such interfaces allow connecting six monitors at once.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz max. digital resolution
- 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz max. VGA resolution
We thank AMD for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!