i3DSpeed, February 2011
AMD Radeon HD 5970 2x1GB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz)
Andrey Vorobiev; March 23, 2011.
On the example of Gigabyte Radeon HD 5970 2x1GB DDR5 (725/725/4000 MHz).
Price: Newegg, Amazon.
- GPU: 2 x Radeon HD 5870 (Hemlock)
- Memory: 2 x 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM in 16 chips on both sides of the PCB
- Interface: PCIe x16
- GPU clock rate (ROPs/Shaders): 725/725 MHz (standard)
- Memory clock rate, physical (effective): 1000 (4000) MHz (standard)
- Bus: 2 x 256-bit
- Stream processors: 2 x 1600
- TMUs: 2 x 80 (BLF/TLF)
- ROPs: 2 x 32
- Size: 305x100x33 mm
- PCB color: black
- RAMDACs/TDMS: integrated into GPU
- Outputs: 2 x DVI (Dual-Link/HDMI), HDMI
- Multi-GPU mode: hardware CrossFireX
Essentially, this is a couple of 5850 cards on a single PCB.
Note that the PCB length is 305mm. Also note the housing width -- a motherboard must have enough space behind the x16 slot and the adjacent slot as well.
This card features its own audio codec, so nothing else is required to output audio to HDMI.
This card has one 8-pin and one 6-pin supplementary power connectors.
This card can work with three monitors simultaneously.
Maximum resolutions and frequencies:
- 240 Hz maximum refresh rate
- 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz max. digital resolution
- 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz max. VGA resolution
We thank Gigabyte for the provided graphics card.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!