In this section you can take a look at comparative game screenshots taken with different graphics cards in scenes as identical as possible.
All screenshots are taken at the best graphics settings available ingame. Note that slow cards can offer just a few fps at such detail level, which is merely unplayable. Therefore you shouldn't consider screenshots taken with such weak cards as qualifying.
Should you find a mistake or inaccuracy in any gallery, or have ideas or comments regarding this section in general, please email to Danil Gridasov.
- What's new
- Graphics cards
- Up-to-date galleries
- Archived galleries
What's new in February 2005
Archived some of the galleries (no updates in them from now on).
From this month on all new screenshots will be taken at 1280x960 (or 1280x1024, if the former is unavailable). Besides, the older screenshots will be retaken at this resolution as well. We believe that 1024x768 is already a matter of past, while 1600x1200 is still a matter of the future.
Some of the galleries were updated with screenshots taken with GeForce 6600 GT AGP (marked
). Next month we are going to add such screenshots to all the galleries.
The following patches were released in the past month for games in our galleries:
- Half-Life 2 patches available through Steam
- Patch v1.62 for Painkiller
- Patch v3355 for Unreal Tournament 2004
The following cards were used in making of this material:
Besides, earlier we used the following cards for taking screenshots:
- ATI Radeon 9200 (Gigabyte Radeon 9200) (until 02.2005)
- NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4600 (NVIDIA Reference) (until 02.2005)
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Palit Daytona GeForce FX 5200) (until 02.2005)
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra (Albatron GeForce FX 5700 Ultra) (until 02.2005)
Screenshots taken with these cards are not updated anymore.
These galleries are updated in cases of new graphics card additions or significant changes in certain games (like new patches incompatible with older savegames or introducing new visible effects).
- Call of Duty: United Offensive
of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay, The
Ex: Invisible War
- Doom 3
Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
for Speed: Underground
Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Forgotten Battles. Aces In The Sky.
These galleries are not updated anymore, but are still available for browsing.
- Armed & Dangerous (updated until 02.2005)
- Colin McRae Rally 04 (updated until 02.2005)
- Command & Conquer Generals (updated until 02.2005)
- Silent Hill 3 (updated until 02.2005)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (updated until 02.2005)
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (updated until 02.2005)
- Tron 2.0 (updated until 02.2005)
- Yager (updated until 02.2005)