- Interface: Internal ATAPI (enhanced IDE)
- Record standards supported:
- 4x/8x/12x/16x/20x (CD-R) (full CLV)
- 2x/4x/10x (CD-RW)
- Record methods: Disc At Once, Session At Once, Track At Once, Multi-Session,
- Record formats supported: CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD Extra, CD- I, Mixed-Mode
CD, VideoCD, PhotoCD, CD TEXT, Bootable CD, CD-ROM + CD-DA
- Read standards supported: read speed: 12X DVD , 40X CD
- Access time: Average Random Seek Time - CD-ROM (40x) 100ms
- Buffer size: 2,048KByte
- Physical characteritics:
- Dimensions(W x D x H): 146.0 x 202.0 x 41.5 mm
- Weight: less than 1 kg.
The drive comes in an OEM package. The design is quite simple. It is based
on the optical Pick-up module "2 in 1" to provide implementation of CD-RW
and DVD-ROM functions in one drive.
The drive supports two RICOH's technologies: Just Link and Just Speed.
Just Link is the Ricoh's buffer underrun protection technology. Just Speed
allows a drive, in case of write speeds from 16x to 20x, to choose an optimal
one between 12x-20x for a certain disc to prevent any errors. At the Ricoh's
site you can find more detailed information. According to the site, the
drive uses the ZCLV technology to achieve 20x write speed. Taking this
into account, it's possible that together with the Just Speed technology
a recording time at 20x can be even greater than at 16x. The drive's tray
doesn't have a special layer to reduce a noise level at high speeds. Now
let's take a look at the information provided by the NeroCDSpeed and NeroInfoTool.
- Vendor : RICOH
- Product : DVD/CDRW MP9200
- Firmware version : 1.10
- Buffer size : 2048 KBytes
- Maximum read speed : 7056 KBytes/sec (40 X)
- Read CD-R : yes
- Read CD-RW : yes
- Read CDDA : yes
- CDDA accurate : yes
- Read R-W : yes
- R-W packed : no
- C2 pointers : yes
- Speed settings : 2 X
- Read RAW mode : yes
On the whole, the drive is standard for its class. Note that the range
of possible speed values is defined incorrectly. This drive supports a
much wider range: 2x-4x-8x-10x-12x-16x-20x-24x-32x-40x.
The drive is RPC-2 from the very beginning, but according to the site
you can change its status to RPC-1 by changing the firmware.
Write a comment below. No registration needed!